Baked Stuffed Apples Using Bruntmor's 3 Legged Dutch Oven
- 6 baking apples
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- 6 ounces of orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Wash and dry apples. Remove core, but do not cut all the way through the bottom of the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine raisins, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Divide filling among apples. Using fingers, stuff apples with the filling.
- In a small bowl combine water, orange juice concentrate and honey. Mix well until blended.
- Place apples in Bruntmor's 3 Legged Dutch Oven.
- Carefully pour orange juice mixture over apples.
- Bake between 350-450 degrees for 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Spoon excess sauce over apples before serving.