- 3/4 pounds of steak
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (divided)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Green onion and sesame seeds to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Florets from 1 large broccoli head
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- Cut the steak into 1/4 inch strips against the grain and marinate in a bowl with 1/4 cup of soy sauce and baking soda. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat Bruntmor's Cast Iron Wok in the oven or over medium heat.
- Combine the remaining soy sauce with cornstarch, then ass garlic, ginger, sugar ans sesame oil to make the sauce.
- Drain steak and shake dry.
- Pour 1/3 cup of water into the wok and turn the heat to high. Add the broccoli and steam until the water is gone or until the broccoli is cook to your preference. Drain and set on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Add vegetable oil and swirl around the pan. Wait until it is smoking, then add steak. Do not remove steak for 1 minute.
- Toss steak around the pan for 1 additional minute then remove the steak from the wok.
- Pour sauce into the wok and bring to a boil. Return streak and toss with the sauce until thickened.
- Return broccoli to the wok and quickly coat it in sauce. Serve immediately wit thin sliced green onions and sesame seed over rice!
Back to Cast-Iron Cookware