Creamy Shrimp and Corn Pasta Using Bruntmor's Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 1 pound (about 20-25) shrimp, peeled and de-veined.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter.
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can of whole corn, drained.
- 2 cups of half & half
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound of linguine or fettuccine
- 1/2 cup of pre-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound of cherry tomatoes, halves
- Basil or dill & olive oil to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat Bruntmor's Dutch Oven over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and sear the shrimp, a minute or two on each side. Remove from dutch oven and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter, onion and large pinch of salt to the pan. Cook onions, stirring frequently, until soft and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn, stock, another pinch of salt and cream, then stir to combine. Add pasta.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until pasta is al dente and the cooking liquid is mostly thickened.
- Stir in cheese, then taste for seasoning. Toss with shrimp, tomatoes, herbs and drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.