Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Ready in: 40 minutes
- 2 New York strip steaks
- Canola Oil
- Allow steaks to thaw to room temperature and pat dry.
- Season as desired. We recommend just salt and pepper.
- Light the charcoal and let it preheat until the edges are gray.
- Add charcoal to the Bruntmor Grill and preheat for about 10 minutes.
- Just before adding the steak, lightly swab the grate with oil.
- Add steaks and cook for 1/2 of overall time. For awesome criss-cross marks, turn 90 degrees at 1/4 of the time.
- Flip and repeat.
- Remove steaks and allow to rest covered for at least 5 minutes. This will help retain moisture.
- Serve, receive praise and let someone else do the dishes!!
Back to Cast-Iron Cookware