Baked Stuffed Apples Using Burntmor's 3 Legged Dutch Oven
6 baking apples
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 1/4 cups of water
6 oz of orange juice concentrate, thawed
3 tablespoons of honey
- Wash and dry apples. Remove core, but do not cut all the way through the bottom of the apples.
- In a small bowl combine raisins, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Divide filling among apples. Using fingers, stuff apples with filling.
- In a small bowl, combine water, orange juice concentrate and honey. Mix until well blended.
- Place apples in Brutmor's 3 Legged Dutch Oven.
- Carefully pour orange juice mixture over the apples.
- Bake between 350-400 degrees for 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Spoon excess sauce over the apples before serving!